Sunday, April 28, 2013

Our Promethean boards arrived!

I feel like it has been forever since I have posted but life has just gotten crazy in my classroom ever since the arrival of our amazing Promethean boards.
This fall we found out that the whole school would be getting boards, but there was no set date.  We were told that the whole school district would have them by August 2013.  Then as soon as we returned from spring break our principal told us that our boards would be arriving in a few days!  Above is a picture of my blackboard that I covered with dry erase contact paper, the night before installation.  I stayed as late as I could after school so that I might be able to see my board being installed but I finally left around 6pm!  
This is my hallway and my room is number 12, at the end of the hallway.  I took this right before I left for the day!  I was so excited that I had a hard time falling asleep that night! :)

Yippee!  I love it!  I had a board at my old school and have missed it so much for the last 2 years!  Me and technology are finally together again!!!                                                
This board has a brand new dual user function, which allows two students to work on the board at the same time!  Here are a few of my students filling in their facts about electricity! 

I have been busy revamping lessons to make use of our new board and to activity engage my students.  In my quest I have found some wonderful resources that I thought I would share with you! 

Mrs. Shannon has a ton of cute flipchart activities that are all organized by subject.   Mrs. Shannon teaches 1st grade but these resources could be easily adapted for other grades as well!  Be sure to check her site out!

Kathleen over at Growing Kinders has a great post about calendar time and using the board allow with a calendar book as a way to actively engage students in their morning calendar time!  I am totally doing this next year!  

Thanks for stopping by, please feel free to respond and share and great technology site you use!



No comments:

Post a Comment