Friday, March 29, 2013

Classroom decorations to brighten your room...

I thought I would share a few fun ideas that have helped me brighten up my classroom.

These cute little creations make my boring black computers come to life! They were super easy to create,  I used scrap pieces of bulletin board boarders and construction paper to make the eyes and mouths.  My students love them and have even come up with names for them each year!


Here is my chalkboard, where I write my objectives our learning.  I don't like chalk so when a friend showed me liquid chalk, I was sold!  It is colorful and BRIGHT and stays bright until you clean it off.  You can clean it off with a magic square, baby wipes or a wet papertowel.

After I got permission from my principal, I decided to paint a few walls in my classroom last summer!  Here is a picture of how it looked before I painted.  Boring!!! 

I found the paint on sale at Walmart! It took me one day and two coats of bright blue paint and it was totally worth it!!


Here is the finished product!  I added some clouds using white fleece fabric stapled to the wall.  My friend gave me a cool idea to put some stuffing under the fleece so the clouds are actully puffing out from the walls.  It looks really cool in person!   The palm tree was created using an old carpet tube (donated from Home Depot), brown paperbags, an umbrella frame and some green fleece. Pinterest and SkitGuys have some good instructions on how to make your own palm tree!

This is awesome window is in my friend's classroom.  She decided to paint a window on her wall to brighten her classroom! What a great idea!!

 Thanks for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed peeking into my classroom! 

8 comments:

  1. I love the "before" and "after" picture of your classroom project. Big difference! It makes the area so much more inviting for the children. I want to sit there and read some books! You were wise to get permission from the principal first.

    Zoom Zoom Classroom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I plan on painting another wall this summer! I'm thinking orange or bright yellow might be fun! :)

      Delete
  2. I love the computer idea! I would not have thought to decorate my computer.

    ~Diving Into Learning

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It is really easy to do! One year I made hats for the computers; I made cowboy hats, construction hats and top hats!

      Delete
  3. Hi Laura!
    I just found you on Pinterest!
    LOVE your computer idea and your book library is lovely!
    So happy to be your newest follower!
    Stop by!
    Julie
    Ms. Marciniak's First Grade Critter Cafe

    ReplyDelete
  4. How amazing that you were able to paint your walls - they look spectacular!!

    I am your 98th follower! Only 2 more til 100!

    Rae
    Mindful Rambles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! How exciting! I love how the walls turned out and would totally recommend it to anyone who wants to brighten up their space!
      I'm going to check out your blog now! :)
      Laura

      Delete
  5. I love your decorating ideas! You've given me some great ideas and got my brain in overdrive!


    Owl About Us


    ReplyDelete