Sunday, November 23, 2014

More Thanksgiving Fun & a few Freebies

I can't believe that it is almost Thanksgiving.  It still feels like it should be October - this year is flying by!   

I have blogged about this fun thanksgiving activity before but this year I have added a few more fun activities to my Pass the Turkey product and wanted to share it again!  

I love projects that involve families and this one is my absolute favorite!  



In social studies we have spent the month sharing about our cultures and learning about each other's family traditions.  This week we will focus on understanding what it means to be thankful and will create Thankful Turkeys to send home for this special project.  



Here are some pictures from last year where students created their turkeys and wrote what they were thankful for.  Once the turkeys were finished they took the turkeys home,  and brought them the table on Thanksgiving day and ask their family what they were thankful for.
We are going to make our Thankful Turkeys tomorrow and  will send  them letter home on to explain this project a remind them to have students bring turkey back to school on Monday. 


  


Here is a completed Thankful Turkey from last year:
The responses were wonderful and filled with love.  I was totally crying by the time we were done sharing!  A few parents told me at the end of the year that the turkeys were one of their favorite projects all year and that they planned on bringing their "thankful turkey" out each year. 


I have just updated my Pass the Turkey Please product to include some other fun activities to do with my kiddies this week!
Hop over to my TPT store to check it out!!  

Here is are a few other fun Thanksgiving FREEBIES!




To go with the Thankful Freebie, here is a link to a safeshare read aloud of the story Bear Says Thanks by Karma Wilson!
http://safeshare.tv/w/bqCyjJRMVZ

 
I hope you all have a wonderful holiday and enjoy spending time with your families!



No comments:

Post a Comment