Sunday, October 13, 2013

TPT Sale & Place Value Fun

Yesterday, TPT hit 100,000 followers on Facebook!  How exciting!  They have decided to celebrate with a site wide flash sale that will last until 10/14!!   Don't forget to enter the code FB100K to get your 10% savings.  I am joining the fun and my entire store is on sale too, so you will actually get 20% anything in my store!! Who doesn't love a sale??  What fun!!

Speaking of fun, in my class we are having so much fun with this new math manipulative and it's all thanks to TeacherTipster.com!

 I just love all the fun things that Mr. Smith does over on his website at teachertipster.com! I saw this fun and easy to make math manipulative via his YouTube videos and went right out to the dollar store and made a set for my class! 
I bought 3 green and 1 pink noodle from the Dollar Tree and cut them using a large bread knife.  I cut the green noodles into thirds which made 9 tens, and  then I cut pink noodles which made plenty of ones.




Of course I just had to make a fun center activity to go along with my new place value noodles!  Check out my Build Your Numbers center in my TPT store!  My kiddos have so much fun using the noodles to build the number shown on the cards and then they flip the card over to check their work!


Enjoy the rest of your weekend and don't forget to head over to TPT to check out the super secret flash sale!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment