Sunday, September 15, 2013

Parent Communication Made Easy and it's FREE!!

One of my goals this year is to improve my parent communication and an awesome friend of mine turned me on to the website (and app) Remind101.  It is a totally FREE and easy to use program that will allow me to send a text message to all my parents at the same time without having to give out my cell phone number.  The website and app walked me through the set up process and within 2 minutes I was all set with a special number and code that I handed out to parents at the open house and back to school night.  Once parents texted the special code to the number they were automatically added to my class' roster. 



Here are a few screen shots to show how user friendly the website and app is.  It is pretty handy that I can send out the texts from my computer or my phone!  There is even a message history log that keeps a record of all the messages sent!




Another super cool feature is the schedule feature,  I can type the reminder and then schedule it to be sent later.  So as soon as I hand out permission slips or learn about special events happening at school, I schedule the reminder text message to go out on the day before. 



How do you keep in contact with your parents?  Do you use instagram, twitter or facebook?  Please leave me comments and let's share some other cool ways to communicate with parents!


No comments:

Post a Comment