Friday, August 23, 2013

Open House & Classroom Pics

Happy Friday everyone!  After a long week of meetings, planning, copying and classroom cleaning we had our annual open house, or Sneak Peak!  I am always excited and nervous for this moment; excited to meet all my new students, and nervous that I won't have the room ready in time!!
Welcome to 1st Grade!
This year was wonderful!  I created a treat for each student using Pop Rocks and a cute little label which was inspired by Mrs. Gilchrist!

I used my Ikea photo frame finds to create signs to show parents forms and sign up sheets!


The kiddos got to explore the room and find their seats, meet our class pets and of course their new teacher!!  :)


Here are some pictures of my finally finished classroom!







I am  super excited for this year!  I have 16 new friends that are almost as excited as I am to start this new adventure! Have a great weekend everyone!! Thanks for stopping by!



6 comments:

  1. Your classroom looks great! I especially like the eyes peering over the computers! Glad your open house went well!

    Amy
    Eclectic Educating

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Laura! I am your newest follower. Love the "spies" theme. My first grade daughter would have a blast with that! I teach first grade too (not in my daughter's school), thanks for the follow! Your classroom looks great! Very bright and inviting. Congrats on getting through your Open House. We don't start until after Labor Day but I'm getting a little itchy to begin!

    Lindsey at Forever First Grade

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great! Do you have the "Welcome" file anywhere to share?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you happen to have the "First Grade Rocks" labels to share?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the frames for Open House from IKEA. Would you be willing to share your signs that go inside them if they are editable?

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete